Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Genesis Post #2

After finishing the whole chapter of Genesis, I feel almost like a sixth member of the Price women, dragged unwillingly along by Nathan Price. And I dislike everything about him… his sermons, his garden, and his devotion to God above his own family. I realize that this might be the whole point of religion, to worship God so strongly and develop the ultimate relationship with him, but I think it is unreasonable to totally forget about maintaining relationships with those that were put on this Earth with you. It is also frustrating to be apart of a mission that for now seems to unsuccessful and I am sensing that the African natives are not exactly grasping the purpose of the Prices one year journey there. It seems like exactly how Adah pointed out, “Everything that comes of morning undoes itself before nightfall.” (30). And as of right now, I am wondering if that is the case for the mission of “spreading the Word.” That, as soon as the Prices leave Africa, all their efforts will just amount to another dust-collecting yearbook on the shelf. Changing the subject, I am a little confused… did the Grandpa come with them? I thought someone mentioned at the beginning that he was coming to Africa as well, but apart from that, I think he’s been mentioned an impressive grand total of one time more.

No comments: