Friday, March 9, 2007

Found Poem (Rachel)

Man oh man
We got fumigated with the odor
Of perspirating bodies
Aren’t you glad you use Dial?
Don’t you wish everybody did?
Boy, what a place
There wasn’t room to breathe
The delightful odor of
Mud and dead fish
A real fire beat in my temples
And the beat of my heart
Was not my heart
Inside the bright orange rim
Of the fire, some of them
Were dancing with their bosoms
Naked as if nakedness
Were nothing special
Tears ran from my eyes
But I was hardly allowed
To complain about that
One long, drawn-out eternity
No new clothes, no white gloves
No milk and honey
And no primping
I hardly know where to begin
In all this dust and dirt
The earth reeled beneath me
It sounded like a junkyard orchestra
It scorched my eardrums
In all the ruckus,
I closed my eyes
And dreamed of real soda pop
And wept for the sins
Who had brought my family to this

Dread, dark shore

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute! i love found poems :) <3 ri

em said...

i like this, devs...
i could tell it was rachel from the first line! hehe!
what are found poems, by the way?
but, i like this...it shows rachel a lot.
em...♥