Thursday, April 19, 2007

Through Rachel's Eyes

I’ve never seen a high school quite like this one. It looks like less of a learning facility and more like people put these buildings together with the ugliest pieces of material they could find. Some buildings don’t even match. Or if there is some sort of pattern, I haven’t figured it out. And the rain is pouring. I don’t know if the builders realized this scattered building situation could post a problem. There’s this thing in the middle of the whole sidewalk, and I’ve seen people avoid it and walk around it. I wonder if it is some kind of forbidden thing to do. Whatever the case, I wonder what it is there for. I’ve seen many girls wearing the same shirts and skirts. It doesn’t look like it’s a strict uniform, and if that’s the case, I wonder if they are embarrassed that they all showed up in the same thing. I also noticed that there is a lot of animal interaction going on over here. One example of this are the birds. I guess most people would find their chirping as a natural, soothing thing, but I just think that it is plain irritating. I don’t really care for random squeaks, and they need to get together to figure out some kind of four-part harmony soon before I go extremely insane.

1 comment:

M Maretzki said...

Roses,

You have some Rachel-esque moments that stand out here: commentary on the appearance of the buildings, observing the girls' attire and wondering if they're embarrassed about wearing similar clothing, and being annoyed by birds.

If you go on to fine-tune this one, I suggest looking at each word and considering which ones (or which phrases) don't ring a Rachel bell; for example, "learning facility" didn't remind me of Rachel.

~Maretzki